Application Form

If you wish to apply for a full time course for September 2020 or an ESOL entry please complete the following details and click submit. We will then contact you with a date to come into college and meet the tutors or careers team. If you have any queries please call 0113 386 1997.

Current Students

If you are already a student at Leeds Sixth Form College wanting to progress to any course within the college there is no need to apply through the online application system, should you have any concerns or questions about your progression onto your next course please speak with your tutors who can help support and guide you through the process.

Course Details

* mandatory fields

* Please select a minimum of three A-Level subjects you would like to study in your first year.

(Please note that the choices you make here are a provisional expression of interest. Any places that are offered will be for A-Levels in general at this stage, with final subject selections to be confirmed at enrolment in August 2019.)

Personal Details

(not school email address)

more info

more info

more info

more info

more info

more info

A Looked-After Child is a child or young person up to their 18th birthday who is either accommodated by, or in the care of the Local Authority. If you are a Child Looked After you will have an allocated Social Worker. Looked after children and young people may be placed with foster carers, in children's homes, in secure accommodation or with prospective adopters.

A care leaver is someone between the ages of 16 and 21, (and up to the age of 24 if still in full time education), who has spent time in care of the local authority as a child or young person but has now left that care. To be a care leaver, you must have spent at least 13 weeks (continuously or in total since the age of 14) and at least one day following their 16th birthday being cared for by the local authority.

A young carer is someone aged 18 or under who helps look after someone in their family who has a condition, such as a disability, illness, mental health condition, or a drug or alcohol problem. Young carers take on caring responsibilities that would be normally expected of an adult.

A young parent is someone aged under 20 who is a parent of a child.

If you think you or someone you know is being abused, or neglected you should inform the College so we can support you.

Leeds Sixth Form College welcomes applications from ex-offenders and considers them on their merits. We ask if you have any convictions which are not spent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act(1974) so that we can support you to make informed decisions about your course of study and future Career goals. The college may carry out standard risk assessments in relation to more serious unspent Criminal Convictions.

If your course will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, you will be required at interview to disclose spent and unspent convictions,as this may impact placement opportunities. Please be aware that regardless of the declaration below, if the college receives information that highlights a significant safeguarding risk to other students or staff, we reserve the right to close your place at college.

For further information about why we ask this question and how we use and store your information relating to convictions, please click here.


An Educational Health and Care Plan has replaced the previous statement of Educational Needs provided for young persons with additional learning needs that would have been identified at school. An EHCP would have been produced in the last couple of years only and you would have been involved in its production.



Referee Details

If you are still at school or college, or have left within the last two years, you should give below the name and address of a headteacher, principal or teacher who can provide a reference for you.

If you have been out of education for more than two years you should ask your employer or another professional to be your referee. This person should not be a relative or friend. It is a good idea to contact them first and check they will be able to supply a reference.

Parent/Guardian Details

Please provide your parent/guardians contact details so that we are able to send them relevant information relating to the college.